Thursday, November 14, 2013

DIY Bath Gift Baskets

I can NOT wait to get everything together to make these great bath luxuries for my friends and family!  I found so many great ideas and here are a few I am definitely going to make this holiday season!

Bath bombs are one of my families favorite treats for tub time!  These are going to be so easy!  I love that I can personalize the color and smell with my doTERRA essential oils. Get your Essential oils here: http://mydoterra.com/oilswithangie

http://www.mariasself.com/2012/02/diy-saint-valentines-craft-homemade.html

Next up this year will be Holiday room spray!  So incredibly easy. I will be using Holiday Joy for my home!  The combo of Siberian Fir, Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Vanilla are  so uplifting and soothing.

DIY ROOM SPRAY
1 cup of water
1 TBSP Witch Hazel or Vodka
20-30 drops Essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake before each use!  
 
And finally I am looking forward to making and trying out all these facial scrubs.
 
 
 
Below are a few recipes to get you started on your own scrubs:

Simple Cinnamon-Vanilla-Oatmeal Facial Scrub
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon plain yogurt

Cornmeal-Citrus Facial Scrub
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed citrus juice (lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit)
2 teaspoons honey
1 drop ylang-ylang essential oil (optional)
1 drop ginger essential oil (optional)

Avocado-Strawberry-Sugar Body Scrub
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup mashed avocado
1/4 cup mashed strawberry
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup minced fresh basil
1 drop rose essential oil (optional)


Rosemary, Mint & Salt Foot Scrub
1 cup coarse sea salt
5 tablespoons olive oil
3 sprigs fresh rosemary (remove leaves from stalk)
1 cup minced fresh mint
3 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)

Mix ingredients together and gently scrub your face, body, or feet. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.

Don't they all sound so good enough to eat ! Yumm...the warm vanilla cinnamon..

Additionally you can scoop out a papaya or mango (or avocado) and save the fruit to eat later. Rub the inside surface of the skin all over your face and arms. The antioxidants and fruit enzymes will help soften your skin.
 
I hope all my friends and family enjoy their gifts this year and act surprised if they end up reading this. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment